Microsoft today rolled out the July Xbox Update to Xbox One systems to improve user experience.
One of the more notable updates is the enablement of FastStart for “select English language” games. The feature works by downloading game play files first and setting them up when a user purchases a game online, thereby reducing the amount of time required to wait to be able to play the game. Games a playable while other files download in the background.
Mixer is also getting an update to make it easier to use Share Controller on the web. Full keyboard and mouse support has been added for PC users along with Share Controller Key Bindings.
Quality of life improvements have also been made, such as being able to bring up the search box by pressing the ‘Y’ button anywhere in the dashboard to find games, apps, Settings items and content on the Store.
The full list of major updates follows:
- FastStart enablement for select English language titles – this is an exciting innovation which will enhance the usability of digital games from the store and Xbox Game Pass by intelligently downloading what you need to play a game, allowing it to start twice as fast.
- Enhancement to Pins called “Groups” allowing users to create multiple content collections
- Additional search options for content
- Mixer Share Controller improvements
- Full screen broadcasting on Mixer
- Console broadcasting quality and stability improvements
More details can be found over on Xbox Wire.